Monday, December 10, 2012

Matchbox Advent Calendar


Advent Calendar


Cap'n Mad Ellen: This is 95% complete. As you can see the numbers 1-25 have yet been added. Rubber stamp numbers are expensive and not something I could justify buying. I might look for websites that offer free font uploads and go from there (or as we say on board for various scenarios: cut 'n' paste.) I raided my greeting card stash, jewelry swag (believe you me when I say I have a vast collection of jewelry), dollhouse accessories' stockpile and craft barrel to create this piece. Cap'n's note to self: add flint to grocery list.














Here's an updated photo. After I took the first photo above I went back and changed/fixed/added some things:




From the website link below: 
'Use ordinary grocery-store matchboxes to count down the days till Christmas. Just hot-glue (Cap'n Mad Ellen used craft glue) the tops of empty boxes to one another to form rows (start with nine boxes for the base, and decrease by two until you have a single box). Cut wrapping paper to cover each section; secure with hot glue. Next, hot-glue the rows in a pyramid shape as shown. Use number stamps (available at craft stores) to mark the boxes 1 through 25, then fill with candy and trinkets.'







1 comment:

  1. Very nice... what a great idea! Love all those little pictures and things you used... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete