Thursday, February 12, 2015

DIY Litebrite™



source: Pinterest





To make:

-1 large clear plastic box with flat lid  (specifically I used a Sterlite™ brand 15-quart/14 L clear box with latch lid measuring 16"x13"x6 5/8" or 41.9cm x 33cm x16.8 cm)
-tissue paper, wax paper, parchment or vellum paper
-a string of white or clear Christmas mini lights (I used a string of 50 lights but would recommend a string of 100 lights)
-clear Scotch tape (optional) The tape is used to attach the paper to the lid but I skipped taping the paper. It wasn't necessary.
-*clear items and not limited to: buttons, beads, hair accessories (butterfly clips, for ex), spare Christmas tree light bulbs, stones/rocks (quartz, Apache tears/black obsidian, etc.), sewing machine bobbins, jewelry findings, clear electrical outlet protectors, etc. 

* I found most of the decorations at Walmart and the Dollar Tree. I also raided my craft barrels. 



Cost: about $10.00 (including the box, decorations, string of lights)


Uses: math, science, art/crafts, etc.

__________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment