Friday, December 19, 2014

Fairy Dust Mini Glass Bottle Necklace





To make:

-fairy dust mini glass bottle w/cork top and metal ring for inserting a chain or ribbon to hang (fairy bottles are available at most well-stocked craft stores and also on Etsy. The ones I purchased came in a set of 3-4? with the metal ring already attached to the cork top.)
-silk ribbon or cording (I used a beautiful soft pastel variegated silk cording from an embroidery shop. I purchased 1 yard @ $1.50 yard. Trust me-you'd rather buy too much ribbon than too little.)
-loose glitter (any color and I chose a girly soft pink of course. I also added some glue and loose glitter where the cork and lip of the bottle meet to firmly secure.)
-very small sequins, jewels, rhinestones, etc. to fill the bottle
-glue (to glue the cork to the bottle)
-paint to decorate the gift box
-little gift box (optional) I found a small  generic papier machè box in the Christmas section on sale at Michaels. I spray painted the box bright pink inside and outside then applied a Christmas gift tag to the lid and "glitterized" the lid around the edges to customize. I also lined the inside with a pink glittery scrap piece of paper. Like this: http://www.michaels.com/artminds-paper-mache-mini-square-box/10260857.html#q=paper+boxes&start=20



Note: Do not fill the bottle more than 2/3 full. Half full would be ideal. Took me about 10 minutes total to make this craft project.








Cost: $4.00 including the box

____________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment