Thursday, December 18, 2014

Official Christmas Doll 2014: Swirl Dot

http://www.joann.com/funny-fleece-dolls/P449919.html


Welcome Swirl Dot to the family! The paisley pattern is a gift card. I wrote the date on the back of the gift card and used an ink pad to write Swirl Dot's name.




For this *doll, I used:

-1/4 fleece fabric I picked up last year on sale (the fabric print is called 'Swirl Dot')
-stuffing/polyfill (actually I used eco friendly bamboo batting)
-2 buttons for eyes
-ribbon for the arms
-scrap fabric for the legs
-scrap piece of fabric for the hair yo-yo. Adding a yo-yo to the Official Christmas Doll is a longstanding tradition! ;)
-3-4" piece of scrap lace for the pants' trim
-scissors
-sewing machine
-thread
-yarn for the hair
-Fray Check™ for the ribbon ends (optional but recommended)

Time to make: from start to finish about 2 hours.

*Note: I'm going to work on those eyes a little more (replace the buttons with some less menacing or use felt eyes) and add some eyelashes-which I forgot to do before I sewed the body closed. The legs didn't come out as well as I had hoped but again Cap'n Mad Ellen's default excuse: "It adds character". I'm probably going to end up adding some seam binding to the legs.

Cost: ΓΈ



____________________________________________________

Free printable Jake and the Never Land Pirates' coloring page!

Go to this link and click on the Print icon:

http://disneyjunior.com/print/it-s-a-winter-never-land-coloring-page-4e468a91c5737963001f4933

No comments:

Post a Comment